The father of green chemistry keynote speaker at the Mistra SafeChem Programme Symposium
Professor Paul Anastas, known as The father of green chemistry, will be the keynote speaker at the Mistra SafeChem Programme Symposium in September. He and the other speakers, both national and international, will share interesting information about the work for green and sustainable chemistry.
The purpose of Mistra SafeChem is to reduce or eliminate toxic chemicals and promote a shift to a sustainable society. The framework for green chemistry and the tools for evaluating effects and risks with synthesis and process paths can promote that development. This is the focal point of this symposium.
Speakers from both research and industry
You will be inspired by international keynote speakers and presentations by the research and industry community:
- Paul Anastas, Director of the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale University, known as The father of green chemistry
- Lutz Ackermann, Professor at the Georg-August-University Göttingen. Founder and Director of the Woehler Research Institute for Sustainable Chemistry.
- Jason Snape, Global Head of Environmental Protection, AstraZeneca
Researchers from Mistra SafeChem will talk about the programme’s current research:
- Aji Mathew, Professor in materials chemistry, Stockholm University: About innovative solutions in textile recycling
- Per-Olof Syrén, Associated professor in chemistry for life sciences, KTH: About biocatalytic synthesis processes as tools in green chemistry
- Ian Cotgreave, Professor in toxicology, RISE: About hazard assessments and the Mistra SafeChem toolbox
The list of speakers will be expanded and the titles of the speeches updated.
Attend in person or digitally
The people of the Mistra SafeChem research programme look forward to meeting you all at the venue of AstraZeneca in Mölndal. But if you cannot participate in person, you can also listen in digitally.
You will be offered coffee during the afternoon and a vegan snack meal at the mingling which concludes the symposium.
Details about the symposium
Date and time: September 26, 2022, from 13.00 to 18:00 (reception opens at 12.30)
Venue: AstraZeneca (PGN Conference Center, Pepparedsleden 5, Mölndal) or Zoom
Cost: Free of charge
Last day for registration: September 5, 2022