Published 2019-07-10This post is also available in Swedish
Mistra’s new Board
Mistra’s Board members were appointed according to proposals from leading academic institutions and the Government. At the last meeting of the departing Board in June, some members were thanked while four new ones were elected.
Mistra’s Board is appointed after a process in which the Swedish Government appoints two members, at least one of whom must have relevant financial expertise.
Of the other members, two are appointed according to proposals from the heads of four government agencies: the Swedish Research Council, Forte (the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare), Formas (the Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning) and Vinnova (Sweden’s innovation agency).
Two members are appointed following proposals from higher education institutions. Finally, three members are appointed according to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry, while the tenth and last is appointed by Mistra’s Board.
When the Board met in early June, the Board gained four new members. They were:
- Anders Tunlid, Professor of Microbial Ecology, Lund University
- Emelie Persson Lindqvist, Head of Sustainability at the Industry and Energy division, Sweco
- Emily Boyd, Professor of Sustainability Studies, Lund University
- Thomas Aronsson, Professor of Economics, Umeå University.
Simultaneously, four members were re-elected for a new term. These were:
- Hans Folkesson, senior automotive consultant
- Anne-Marie Tillman, Professor of Environmental Systems Analysis, Chalmers University of Technology
- Ulf Landegren, Professor of Molecular Medicine, Uppsala University
- Sara Ilstedt, Professor of Product and Service Design, KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
The Government appointed Johan Söderström, Head of ABB AB Sweden, for a second term, and the Government will appoint one more Board member.